Saturday, July 19, 2008

My wife and daughter are coming back from vacation

Finally, after two months, my wife and daughter are coming back from China. Right now they are on the flight from Hong Kong to L. A., scheduled to land L. A. at 21:55 pm tonight.

When they left, I ever made a plan, thinking that maybe I can spend the time I was alone at home to make some learning progress on Python, and add some code to the GAE project I have planned. Now, two months past, little progress was made in Python learning, and only a few line of code was added to the GAE project. Besides the reason that I always had problem to figure out the right food for dinner (it was the longest period of time that my wife and I were living separately after 22 years marriage), one of the other main reasons that discouraged me deeply to spend more time on Python and GAE was because I found out that the web framework GAE provides does not have the session object ! To a Java programmer, how can I work out some serious web stuffs without the session object at disposal ? It's simply unbelievable ! The discovery somehow made me losing interests to dig further into GAE, and, therefore, no progress made on Python learning also (at least, now it can be the alibi to defend me :)). So, I need to make a new plan, see how I can code something meaningful in Python to drop to GAE without using session object. Hope neither GAE nor Python will disappoint me this time :).

Anyway, I am very happy my wife and daughter are coming home. The next day after tomorrow shall be my wife's birthday, hope the roses and the gift from Helzburg I prepared for her will give her a little surprise and make her happy.

Now, the question is when I can find my next chance to make a plan to learn Python to finish my project on GAE ?

No comments: